We have identified “Homelessness” as the big issue to focus the systems and initiatives of our social impact strategy towards impacting. We will partner with others, activate our staff and apply long term thinking to having an impact on this issue.
Project implemented: May 2018
To have an impact on solving homelessness in Australia
When we hear ‘homelessness’, it’s easy to think of infrastructure or lack of housing
supply. But more than physical limitations, homelessness is about people. Without a home, a person can be disconnected from family, friends and workmates, and shut off from mainstream life. And although as Australians we consider ourselves to be living in the ‘lucky country’, homelessness right here in our backyard is getting worse.
• We don’t go alone. We need a minimum of two collaborators for
any issue, and will continually add new partners as we go.
• We’re in this for the long haul. We are making a 3-5 year
commitment to the issue.
• Our leadership is behind this. We have commitment from our
CEO and our board, and align the issues to our strategy.
• We all need skin in the game. PwC is making an investment,
and we expect all of our collaborators to be contributing too, whichever
sector they come from. This is not about transactional relationships between corporate and not-for-profit sector – this is about creating something new together.
• We learn by doing. This is bold, unchartered territory. We don’t
have all the answers at the start, but will learn together with our
collaborating partners as we go.
• We find ways to include and inspire PwC people, channeling their contributions for high impact. This can be replicated for other corporate partners who want to join us.
• We provide open source IP and focus on outcomes.
There are four phases to our approach:
Insights & inspiration
Focus & channel